Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grandma Mac's Monkey Bread


A family tradition thanks to Grandma Grace McKamey ~ eat this wonderful creation on Christmas morning!  We (Kevin, Keenan, Brenden and I), always sang Happy Birthday to Jesus before eating it ~ yes, my family use to humor me.
MONKEY BREAD

3 cans Pillsbury biscuits (quarter these) ~ I use a small 4 pack that come in blue colored cartons
1 C sugar
1 tsp cinnamon ~ I just mix up sugar and cinnamon and don’t measure
1 ½ sticks oleo ~ I use one stick of butter
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Walnuts or pecans ~ we like pecans!

Cut the biscuits into quarters, shake in bag w/sugar and cinnamon (or roll them in a bowl of sugar and cinnamon).  Lay biscuits in greased bundt pan.  Sprinkle nuts.  (I sprinkle nuts in bundt pan, between layers of biscuits and on top of biscuits cuz we like them mixed all through out the bread).  On stove melt brown sugar and butter and vanilla.   Pour mixture over biscuits.  Bake 30 mins @ 350 degrees.  Invert after cooling ½ hour (if you can wait that long!)

Pictures of Monkey Bread of Christmases past:






No comments:

Post a Comment