Monday, August 22, 2011

Ezekiel Bread Take One

Needs to be tweaked for sure!  Second batch is on counter top now ~ prayerfully rising!!  ;-P

Recipe makes 3 loaves, we have part of the first loaf still in refrigerator.  One loaf I made into some very yummy homemade croutons (thanks to my sister in law Liz for showing me how to do that many years ago!)  And we have one uncut loaf in the refrigerator as well.

This is a very sweet, moist, cake-like bread.  One blog calls it Ezekiel Fasting Bread and states during fasting divide bread into 8 equal parts weighing 1/2 pound each.  Eat a 1/2 pound cake and drink a quart of water every day while fasting.

I won't post the actual recipe until I get is tweaked and step by step cuz that's how I roll.  Don't make me have to decide how long to knead or on what speed ~ I need the recipe written out like "baking for dummies" would be written!

Here's a picture of my first try.  Let me pick it apart: 
*  too done on outside
* didn't want to bake on the inside
* didn't want to rise

This time I will let it rise right up to near the top of the pan and I won't use the convection oven ~ just plain good old bake setting.



No comments:

Post a Comment