Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kale Kale Kale

It's the magic green!  ;-P

How about some Kale Slaw? 

I made this tonight, I even put the onions in it, now most of you know I don't do onions unless they are fried into a nice beer batter ring but I forced myself and my mouth still tastes nasty.  LOL  Hope the living enzymes did some good regardless of onion breath.

So here's the recipe:

First mix up the dressing and let it sit until ready to pour it over the slaw.

dressing:
1/4 Cup EVOO
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
some coarse sea salt and black pepper

veggies:
1 bunch of kale
1/4 of a small red onion
1/4 head of purple cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds


Wash the veggies.  Remove the stems from the kale (stems make the dish bitter).  Chop the onion and cabbage.  Put the veggies, seeds and dressing in the bowl.  Mix well.  Eat up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment